||Tower or 5U Rack.
||Up to two Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v3 product family CPUs with 18 cores (2.8 GHz core speeds), or 16 cores (2.3 GHz), or 14 cores (2.6 GHz), 12 cores (up to 2.6 GHz), 10 cores (2.3 GHz), 8 cores (up to 3.2 GHz), 6 cores (up to 3.4 GHz), 4 cores (up to 3.5 GHz)
Two QPI links up to 9.6 GT/s each. Up to 2133 MHz memory speed. Up to 45 MB L3 cache.
||Up to 24 DIMM sockets (12 DIMMs per processor). RDIMMs and LRDIMMs are supported. Memory types cannot be intermixed. Memory speed up to 2133 MHz.
||With RDIMMs: Up to 768 GB with 24x 32 GB RDIMMs and two processors
With LRDIMMs: Up to 1.5 TB with 24x 64 GB LRDIMMs and two processors
||ECC, Chipkill (for x4-based memory DIMMs), memory mirroring, and memory rank sparing
|Disk drive bays
Additional drive bays for the above configurations:
- Up to 32x 2.5-inch hot-swap SAS/SATA HDDs
- Up to 12x 3.5-inch hot-swap SAS/SATA HDDs or SSDs
- Up to 6x 3.5-inch hot-swap HDDs + 16x 2.5-inch hot-swap drives HDDs/SSDs
- Up to 6x 3.5-inch simple-swap SATA HDDs
- Two 5.25-inch drive bays for optical drives
|Maximum internal storage
- 122.9 TB with 32x 3.84TB 2.5-inch SAS hot-swap SSDs
- 96 TB with 12x 8TB 3.5-inch NL SAS or NL SATA hot-swap HDDs
- 38.4 TB with 32x 1.2TB 2.5-inch SAS hot-swap HDDs
- 36 TB with 6x 6TB 3.5-inch NL SAS or NL SATA simple-swap HDDs
- Intermix of SAS and SATA is supported.
- Onboard 6 Gb SATA: no RAID support
- 12 Gb SAS/SATA RAID: RAID 0, 1, 10 with M1215 or M5210. Optional upgrade to RAID 5, 50 is available for M1215. Optional upgrade to RAID 5, 50 is available for M5210 (zero-cache; 1 GB non-backed cache; 1 GB, 2 GB or 4 GB flash-backed cache). Optional upgrade to RAID 6, 60 is available for M5210 with memory cache upgrades.
- 12 Gb SAS/SATA non-RAID: N2215 HBA
|Optical drive bays
||Two half-height 5.25-inch bays for optical or tape drives. Supports DVD-ROM or Multiburner.
|Tape drive bays
||Two half-height 5.25-inch bays for optical or tape drives. Support for one RDX internal USB tape drive.
||Four integrated Gigabit Ethernet 1000BASE-T ports (RJ-45) based on Broadcom BCM5719 controller
|PCI Expansion slots
||Up to seven slots with two processors and four slots when one CPU is installed. All slots are PCIe 3.0 slots:
Slots 3 and 6 support double-wide GPUs
- Slot 1: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x8 wired); full-height, half-length
- Slot 2: PCIe 3.0 x16 (x8 wired); full-height, full-length
- Slot 3: PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 wired); full-height, full-length
- Slot 4: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x8 wired); full-height, full-length
- Slot 5: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x8 wired); full-height, half-length (requires second processor)
- Slot 6: PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 wired); full-height, full-length (requires second processor)
- Slot 7: PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 wired) full-height, full-length (requires second processor)
- Front: Two USB 2.0 ports
- Rear: Four USB ports (two USB 2.0, two USB 3.0), one DB-15 video, one RJ-45 systems management, four RJ-45 GbE network ports, optional serial port.
- Internal: Two internal USB 3.0 ports (for embedded hypervisor and internal tape drive). Optional SD Media Adapter.
||Calibrated Vectored Cooling with up to four hot-swap fans (two fans shipped standard on single processor models and four fans shipped on dual processor models). For single-processor models, optional Redundant Cooling Kit provides two extra fans for N+1 redundancy.
||Up to two redundant hot-swap 550 W, 750 W, 900 W or 1500 W High Efficiency Platinum AC power supplies, or 750 W High Efficiency Titanium AC power supplies.
||Hard drives, power supplies, and fans
||UEFI, IMM2.1 that is based on Renesas SH7758, Predictive Failure Analysis, light path diagnostics panel on the front of the server with optional upgrade kit, Automatic Server Restart, ToolsCenter, Systems Director and Active Energy Manager. Optional IMM Advanced Upgrade software feature for remote presence.
||Power-on password, administrator's password, two TPMs: On the IMM2.1 (TPM 1.2) and on the host (TPM 1.2/2.0). Lockable front bezel.
||Matrox G200eR2 with 16 MB memory integrated into the IMM2.1. Maximum resolution is 1600x1200 at 75 Hz with 16 M colors.
|Operating systems supported
||Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, 2012 and 2008 R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11, VMware vSphere (ESXi) 5.1 and 5.5.
||Three-year customer-replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty with 9x5/NBD.
|Service and support
||Optional service upgrades are available through Lenovo: 4-hour or 2-hour response time, 8-hour fix time, 1-year or 2-year warranty extension, remote technical support for Lenovo hardware and selected Lenovo and third-party (Microsoft, Linux, VMware) software.
||Tower: Width: 218 mm (8.6 in), depth: 720 mm (28.3 in), height: 440 mm (17.25 in).
With rack conversion kit: Width: 423 mm (16.6 in), depth: 706 mm (27.8 in), height: 218 mm (8.6 in )
||Tower: 45.5 kg (100.3 lb) fully configured, 30.8 kg (67.9 lb) minimum configuration
With rack conversion kit: 44.2 kg (97.4 lb) fully configured, 29.5 kg (65 lb) minimum configuration