||Up to two Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v3 product family CPUs with 18 or 16 cores (2.3 GHz core speeds); or 14, 12, or 10 cores (up to 2.6 GHz core speeds); or 8 cores (up to 3.2 GHz core speeds); or 6 cores (up to 3.4 GHz core speeds); or 4 cores (up to 3.5 GHz core speeds). Two QPI links up to 9.6 GT/s each. Up to 2133 MHz memory speed. Up to 45 MB L3 cache.
||Up to 24 DIMM sockets (12 DIMMs per processor). RDIMMs and LRDIMMs are supported. Memory types cannot be intermixed. Memory speed up to 2133 MHz.
- With RDIMMs: Up to 768 GB with 24x 32 GB RDIMMs and two processors
- With LRDIMMs: Up to 1.5 TB with 24x 64 GB LRDIMMs and two processors
||ECC, and Chipkill.
|Disk drive bays
||Up to 28x 2.5" hot-swap SAS/SATA drive bays, or up to 14x 3.5" + 2x 2.5" hot-swap SAS/SATA drive bays, or up to 16x 2.5" Simple Swap SATA bays, or up to 8x 3.5" Simple Swap SATA bays.
|Maximum internal storage
||Up to 50.4 TB with 1.8 TB 2.5" SAS HDDs, or up to 56 TB with 2 TB 2.5" NL SATA HDDs, or up to 107.5 TB with 3.84 TB 2.5" SAS SSDs, or up to 87.6 TB with 6 TB 3.5" NL SAS/SATA HDDs and 1.8 TB 2.5" SAS HDDs. Intermix of SAS/SATA drives is supported.
- Onboard 6 Gb SATA: no RAID support
- 12 Gb SAS/SATA RAID: RAID 0, 1, 10 with M1215 or M5210. Optional upgrade to RAID 5, 50 is available for M1215. Optional upgrade to RAID 5, 50 is available for M5210 (zero-cache; 1 GB non-backed cache; 1 GB, 2 GB or 4 GB flash-backed cache). Optional upgrade to RAID 6, 60 is available for M5210 with memory cache upgrades.
- 12 Gb SAS/SATA non-RAID: N2215 HBA
|Optical drive bays
||One for models with 8x 3.5" or up to 16x 2.5" drive bays (models with 24x 2.5" or 12x 3.5" drive bays do not support an internal optical drive). Support for DVD-ROM or Multiburner.
|Tape drive bays
||Four integrated RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet 1000BASE-T ports (BCM5719); optional Mezzanine LOM (ML2) slot for dual-port 10 GbE cards with SFP+ or RJ-45 connectors or quad-port GbE cards with RJ-45 connectors.
|PCI Expansion slots
||Up to nine slots. Slots 0, 4, and 5 are the standard slots on the system planar, and the remaining slots depend on the riser cards installed. The slots are as follows:
Slots 5, 6, 7, and 8 require the second processor to be installed.
- Slot 0: PCIe 3.0 x8 (dedicated for an internal RAID controller)
- Slot 1: PCIe 3.0 x16 or PCIe 3.0 x8; full-height, full-length (PCIe x16 slot is double-wide)
- Slot 2: PCIe 3.0 x8; full-height, full-length (not present if the slot 1 is PCIe x16)
- Slot 3: PCIe 3.0 x8 or ML2; full-height, half-length
- Slot 4: PCIe 3.0 x8; low profile (vertical slot on system planar)
- Slot 5: PCIe 3.0 x16; low profile (vertical slot on system planar)
- Slot 6: PCIe 3.0 x16 or PCIe 3.0 x8; full-height, full-length (PCIe x16 slot is double-wide)
- Slot 7: PCIe 3.0 x8; full-height, full-length (not present if the slot 6 is PCIe x16)
- Slot 8: PCIe 3.0 x8; full-height, half-length
- Front: 1x USB 3.0 (8x 3.5" and up to 16x 2.5" drive bay models), 2x USB 2.0, and 1x DB-15 video.
- Rear: 2x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, 1x DB-15 video, 1x RJ-45 systems management, 4x RJ-45 GbE network ports. Optional 1x DB-9 serial port.
- Internal: 1x USB 3.0 port (for embedded hypervisor).
- Internal: 1x SD Media Adapter slot (for embedded hypervisor).
||Calibrated Vectored Cooling with up to six redundant hot-swap fans (four standard, additional two fans with the second processor); two fan zones with N+1 fan redundancy; each fan has two motors.
||Up to two redundant hot-swap 550 W, 750 W, or 900 W (100-240V), or 1500 W (200-240V) High Efficiency Platinum AC power supplies, or 750 W or 1300 W (200-240V) High Efficiency Titanium AC power supplies, or 900 W High Efficiency -48 V DC power supplies.
||Matrox G200eR2 with 16 MB memory integrated into the IMM2.1. Maximum resolution is 1600x1200 at 75 Hz with 16 M colors.
||Hard drives, power supplies, and fans.
||UEFI, Integrated Management Module II (IMM2.1) based on Renesas SH7758, Predictive Failure Analysis, light path diagnostics, Automatic Server Restart, ToolsCenter, XClarity Administrator. Optional Integrated Management Module Advanced Upgrade software feature for remote presence.
||Power-on password, administrator's password, two Trusted Platform Modules (TPMs): on the IMM2 (TPM 1.2) and on the host (TPM 1.2/2.0). Optional lockable front bezel.
||Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, 2012 and 2008 R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 and 12, VMware vSphere (ESXi) 5.1, 5.5, and 6.0.
||Three-year customer-replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty with 9x5 next business day (NBD).
|Service and support
||Optional service upgrades are available through ServicePac®: Four-hour or two-hour response time, eight-hour fix time, one-year or two-year warranty extension, remote technical support for System x hardware and some System x third-party applications.
||Height: 86.5 mm (3.4 in), width: 445.6 mm (17.5 in), depth: 800 mm (31.5 in)
||Minimum configuration: 19 kg (42 lb), maximum: 34 kg (75 lb)